Spotlight Q & A: Recover Health’s ICARE Culture
Recover Health is a mission driven organization dedicated to activating its philosophy and guiding principles every day. Marketing Director, Recover Health, and Business Development Director, Kristen Akervik, discuss how Recover Health’s staff live this mission every day.
Q: Tell us about Recover Health’s mission. What drives staff to show up and truly make a difference every day?
A: Our mission is to create relationships that make a meaningful difference in people’s lives. We take great pride in coordinating with our referral sources and collaborating with our business partners to provide exceptional service for our clients.
We work at recruiting and retaining individuals who are inspired by the same beliefs and values, and who intend to sustain relationships that truly make a difference in the lives of those we care for, work with, and encounter in our business activities.
Q: What is ICARE? How does Recover Health define ICARE and make it an initiative that is embraced by staff?
A: ICARE is a roadmap to live out our mission and values on a daily basis. We engage our employees with trainings, recognition programs, team building events, and on social media. Recover Health encourages involvement with fundraisers and volunteer opportunities, as well as other community events.
The 4 goals of the ICARE initiative are:
- Increase employee retention and recruitment opportunities
- Create an outstanding and meaningful experience every time, every day, for our clients and customers
- Improve client satisfaction and patient outcomes
- Create a company culture where client and customer experiences through ICARE becomes a market differentiator
Q: What does ICARE mean to staff?
A: Kathleen Cenac shared what ICARE means to her: “ICARE is a means to hold each of us accountable for our actions in and out of the office. It is more than an acronym; it stands as a reminder to treat others how we want to be treated, to live an authentic and positive life. I take ICARE with me everywhere I go, because I never want to go about a day without doing my best to make a difference in someone’s life.”
Q: How do employees bring the ICARE vision to life on a daily basis?
A: We consistently treat people with respect and kindness. We listen, and respond to, our customers and co-workers. Additionally, staff from our 20+ Recover Health offices volunteer at numerous functions within their communities.
Q: What comments have you received from clients that tells you ICARE is being embraced by staff?
A: We have received a lot of very positive feedback. Here are a just a few testimonials from our clients:
- “Both of my nurses are very friendly, thorough, and very likable. I am glad to see them when they come. They are also very helpful when I have questions.”
- “All the therapists and nurses were wonderful. They were kind and helpful.”
- “The nurse was very good. I appreciated his kindness and I was very comfortable with him. The follow-up calls to see how I was doing gave me the comfort that I needed.”
- “This healthcare agency is so wonderful. Thank you all!”